Florida's Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program
Children must live in Florida and be 4 years of age on or before Sept. 1 of the current year to be eligible. If their birthday falls from Feb. 2 - Sept. 1, you may wait to enroll your child the following year when they are age five.
1) email address
2) proof of Florida residency
3) proof of your child's age
School Program Options:
- School-year program: 540 instructional hours with class sizes of 20 or fewer students.
- Summer program: 300 hours of instruction with class sizes of 12 or less.
- Specialized Instructional Services program: hours vary based on services provided. For children with disabilities who have current individual educational plans (IEP) developed by local school districts.
Note: More information may be found at the link above.